Wednesday, July 9, 2014

From Non-Swimming to Snorkeling With a Manta Ray

"Until February of this year, I didn’t know how to swim, and I was afraid of water deeper than 6 feet. For a work trip, I booked a travel to Hawaii in Feb, and joined UVAC, determined to be able to swim in the ocean in Hawaii. With Miss Suzanne, Meg and other instructors’ help, I was able to achieve this. I swam with a bait ball, in 25-30 feet deep water, and snorkeled at night up close with Manta Rays. I did not use any flotation aid for the bait ball snorkeling trip in the ocean during the day time. 

Here are the YouTube links to a couple of videos I recorded in Hawaii.

Night Snorkeling with Manta Rays: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GqpjruSszM

Here is a photo of me swimming in the Hawaiian ocean. :-)

I’d like to especially thank Miss Suzanne Cote Curtis
Suzanne Cote Curtis, Adult Swim Instructor
and I also want to thank the entire team at UVAC for their efforts in teaching swimming and their enthusiasm. Thank a lot ! :-)"

Shadab Khan

1 comment:

  1. Best seen night manta ray snorkel in Hawaii.beautiful seen ever.

    ReplyDelete